Faculty/Staff Sponsor-led programs are an essential component of Learning Communities at UNL. Learning Community staff will make every effort to assist faculty sponsors in planning events, both in terms of logistical support and use of the Community’s programming budget.
This guidance is meant to assist Faculty/Staff Sponsors and Learning Community staff coordinate events and bridge open communication to ensure successful programs for Community students.
- For on-campus events, event communication must be submitted, by email, to Learning Community staff at least 14 days prior to the proposed event.
- For off-campus field trips in Lincoln or within 60 miles of Lincoln, mostly commonly Omaha, event communication must be submitted, by email, to Learning Community staff at least 30 days prior to the proposed event.
- For field trips more than 60 miles from Lincoln, event communication must be submitted, by email, to Learning Community staff at least 90 days prior to the proposed event (and ideally earlier).
What goes into "event communication?"
- Event idea(s)
- Campus space reservation needs, if an on-campus event
- Budgetary needs from the Learning Community budget
- Transportation needs, if applicable
- Written communication and/or printed flyers to be sent to Community students
Although we will do everything we can to assist you in event logistics, we may not be able to accommodate program requests submitted without appropriate lead time. Please note: if you wish to apply funds from your Learning Community’s programming budget to an event, those expenses must be pre-approved through timely event communication.
If you have any questions about beginning event planning and communication, please contact Abby Groth, Associate Director for Learning Experience, at (402) 472-0698 or firstname.lastname@example.org.